This issue of History in Focus marks the 40th anniversary of E.H. Carr’s, What is History? This book ‘for many today … is the most influential book on history thinking published in Britain this century’ (Reappraisal of What is History?, Professor Alun Munslow).
In this issue:
- articles: four articles on the philosophy and practice of history
- websites: websites that look at theories of history, reviewed by the In Focus editorial team.
- book reviews: reviews of major books on the practice of history. See below for review tasters.
- bibliography: key books on historiography and the practice of history.
- research: details of PhD theses about the nature of history, and university teachers who specialise in this area.